Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Claw Alliance forum for Pocket Empires.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application

Go down 
+3
deimon
SplaTT
Chubkins
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chubkins

Application Empty
PostSubject: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:34 am

1. What is your lord name?
Chubkins

2. How old are you? (You don't have to answer, though if left unanswered we will assume you are 10)

3. Why do you want to join this alliance?
I have had brief dealings with a couple of your members who were both very polite and helpful. There was an incident of another dragon player taking one of my fortresses as well as one of your members (john_mox) fortresses. He pm'd me to explain that this alliance had already taken care of it, and that it should be safe to move back in. The other maybe more petty reason is that I couldn't agree more with the proper spelling rule you have! OK so I may slip up occasionally, especially on a phone, but I always try to make sure it is correct.

4. What was your previous alliance and why did you leave?
Archdragons Nemesis, well I haven't left yet, but I was looking for alliance I can be more involved with.

5. What can you bring to the alliance?
I have a good grasp of the mechanics of the game and have made good progress in the 4 / 5 weeks i've been playing.

6. What is your current approach/direction in the game?
At the moment I am troop building in anticipation of PVP. I'm using all my health to conquer lv10 widows and lizards (i've positioned a castle where there are both) and using mana to fast build catapults to put back onto the market to buy more widows. As far as I can tell it really will come down to army size when PVP starts, unless there is some arbitrary cap imposed.

7. How often do you check on your cities?
While awake, every couple of hours.

8. How often do you check the forums?
I can check daily if required

9. Do you have a constructive, positive attitude?
I believe so!

10. Can you take criticism?
Yes

11. How big is your army presently? (rough number will work but please send a screen shot of troops in a PM to Deimon)
38mil widows
18mil lizards
4K reapers
handfuls of other troops, but not enough to mention.

On a side note, i'm not entirely sure how to take a screen shot and send it in a PM.

12. Do you have any counties/metropolises/capitals? If so, how many?
4 counties.

13. What is your current reputation? (Please send a screen shot to Deimon)

14. Do you have any feuds with other players or alliances?
No

15. Do you know any current or past Dragon Claw members?
I wouldn't say know, but as i've mentioned i've had dealings with john_mox and also cure.
Back to top Go down
SplaTT

SplaTT

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:34 am

Not a bad app IMO, would be nice to see a higher fortress count though. It is a good idea to have at least enough fortresses in order to upgrade all armor and attack types simultaneously. Also if you are only building cats to sell, using your mana on bowmen is a better haul. For example, with my tech I can build 450450 bow with max resource. At current market price of .0007 this yields just over 315 gems while full catapult build of 5630 at sale price of .05 yields only 281.5 gems. Hope this helps whether accepted or not.
Back to top Go down
Chubkins

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:48 am

Thanks for the hint about bowman, but I was under the impression catapults gave a better gem per hour return.

450450 * 2.5 (minutes per bowman) = 1126125 minutes
1126125 / 60 = 18768.75 hrs
315 / 18768.75 = 0.016783217 gems per hour

5630 * 30 (minutes per catapult) = 168900 minutes
168900 / 60 = 2815 hrs
281.5 / 2815 = 0.1 gems per hour

So gems per hour / per mana boost will be a higher yield with the catapults. Unless i've miscalculated, which is always a strong possibility! This won't however produce the highest gem return for your gold / food, but that is quickly replaced with each conquer.

On the other note, I have 5 lv10 castles, which means I can upgrade all the attack and armour techs (just not the individual troop levels).
Back to top Go down
deimon

deimon

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 am

Your math looks correct to me. Also, this seems to be a very solid application too.
Back to top Go down
Flash1992

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:38 am

i like this application ^^
Back to top Go down
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Not strong yet, but very capable of becoming a powerful player. Your mindset and attitude seem to be in the right place and I feel you would make a good addition to DC.
Back to top Go down
Chubkins

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Thank you for the positive feedback so far. I realise that I have a way to go yet, but hopefully this is just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
justinjmoravec

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:53 pm

I see no objections to your application. You have the right mindset and game plan wise you are on the correct path that we look for. Your growth will come with time and I have a feeling it wont be a long time but rather shortly.

Go ahead and apply in game and welcome to DC.

Back to top Go down
john_mox

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Welcome to DC! And we will strengthen our territory!

john_mox
Back to top Go down
Chubkins

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks! In game join application is in and hi john!
Back to top Go down
Chubkins

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 am

Hi guys, not wanting to harass anyone, but was there something else I'm required to do before being accepted? I noticed that my join application has not yet been approved.
Back to top Go down
deimon

deimon

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:17 am

Chubkins wrote:
Hi guys, not wanting to harass anyone, but was there something else I'm required to do before being accepted? I noticed that my join application has not yet been approved.
Fixed =) and welcome to the alliance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application
Page 1 of 1